Saturday, 31 January 2015

2015: It's not about me, it's about You

It's a bit daunting, but I've decided to start blogging again, and hopefully share some stories from my walk with Jesus in 2015.

Here we go again, keep me in your prayers! :)

---
UPDATE: Feb 14th

Today, God confirmed to me and encouraged me that this blog was His will. I have to admit, inasmuch as I felt moved to start blogging again, there was a sense of vulnerability I dreaded from revealing personal things about myself. Based on previous experience, I was afraid to be judged and hurt, particularly by people from church.

But God showed me that all His servants who served Him and did great things for Him had to be vulnerable too. They too, had to face this fear of vulnerability.

Moses was a prime example of this. He was afraid to serve God at first. He was afraid to return to Pharaoh and face his past (Ex. 3:11). He was afraid of not knowing what to say (Ex. 3:13, 4:10). He was afraid that his people won't believe him or listen to his voice (Ex. 4:1). He was afraid to be vulnerable. 

And after leading the Israelites - his own people - out from Egypt. The very same people whom he's trying to help turned against him, and wanted to stone him (Ex. 17:4) His own flesh and blood, Miriam and Aaron, gossiped about him and opposed him (Num 12:1). But guess what? The Lord personally defended Moses.

So thank God for encouraging me (literally giving me courage hahah). As I hope to continue to serve Him in humility, I want to clarify why I wanted to blog again and the purposes of this blog:

  1. To share & spread God's goodness and teachings, since He has given me so much.
  2. To bring freshness to the online world for God's purposes (aka using the internet as a tool of preaching) and to remind all of God in our daily lives.
  3. To show and hopefully inspire others that being devoted to God is a beautiful experience and is nothing to be ashamed of - we are not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment